Saturday 6 August 2011

Whoosh!

When I started this Blog I foolishly planned to update it every week. Guess what hasn't happened! Somehow there was always something else to do than spend 20 minutes on, I don't know, the merits of SRAM drivetrains (really good)over Shimano (er... Also really good). So what has happened since January?

Well, training has been a big part of it. I count over 400 miles on the turbotrainer and over 1000 miles on the road. Lost over 20 pounds. Averaging 15 mph on rides of over 50 miles which isn't exactly tearing up the Tarmac, but it's enough.

All the accommodation is booked, which is to say that the route is defined as well. It's a 14 day ride, departing from John O'Groats on 9 Aug and arriving in Lands End on 22 Aug.

I'm riding in support of Help for Heroes. You can support my ride by donating at www.bmycharity.com/H4HStuartJOGLE

No comments:

Post a Comment