Tuesday 23 August 2011

Get back on the bike

Day 14 3/4 Colin's Gap
Why didn't I think of this before?  Today we had to fill in the gap that Colin had missed on Sunday between Dobwalls and Roche. Yay, bike ride!  We were away from St Just by 10:00 and dropped off by 11:00 with 16 miles to cover.  And a tailwind, wow. Before long I was up to 30 mph (yes, revved out).  We didn't have to ride all day, so everything went in short of anaerobic effort and it took just 55 minutes to complete. Hardly a noteworthy time, but it seemed good to us as we sat in the cafe waiting to be picked up again.

So there you have it. The fulfilment of a long held goal, done in my own style on a folding bike that I'd built myself. And Colin's too, to complete the ride in his 70s.

Anyone could do the End to End; you don't need to be super fit or fast, but you do need vision and determination. We had both.

Today: 18 miles, Max speed 31.5mph, and that's all folks :O)

No comments:

Post a Comment